Advanced sign-up is required
Advance sign-up is required each year even if you signed-up and decorated a lamppost in a prior year.
Note: you must sign-up using the web form below. There are over 525+ lampposts and we will fill up fast. We assign lamppost locations based on the sign-up date.
Not sure what’s involved? Click here to find out.
Please read carefully and follow all steps. Please use the same email address on all forms and correspondence with us.
1. Complete the lamppost decorating request form (click the red button below).
2. Once completed, you will be directed to a PayPal Donation page. Complete that form to submit your donation. There is a credit card payment option, you don’t need a PayPal account.
3. If your donation is successfully transmitted, you will immediately receive an email receipt from “email@example.com” confirming your donation. You will also receive an email from BBS noting the request. Please use the same email address on your request and donation forms.
4. If you do not receive an email from PayPal or BBS, please first check your spam/junk folders. Then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not responsible for submissions not received.
5. If you have extended/other family members or a group of friends who want their lamppost, they must sign-up separately. Our system requires a different name and email address for each request.
6. If you wish to decorate in a specific area, please note it. Include the exact location – the street name, the side of the street, and where it’s located (i.e. Deer Park Avenue, west side, in front of Torta Fina). Please include the nearest cross street or street address if known. Please do not state “same as last year” as we don’t reference prior year lists. Important: Please list a second location request if we can’t accommodate your first.
7. If you wish to decorate with other families/friends, we strongly recommend that you all sign-up at the same time and request the same location, noting that you want to be together.
8. We assign lampposts based on the date submissions are received, and the location requested, not by others you wish to be near or where you decorated in the past. We do not cross-reference location requests with requests to decorate with others.
9. IMPORTANT: we try to accommodate all requests, but we can’t guarantee all will be granted. Some volunteers will not get the location requested, it is logistically impossible.
10. If you are unhappy with your assigned location or didn’t get assigned with other friends and family, please be understanding.
11. Sometime after November 1, you will be contacted via email to confirm your participation. You must respond, or you won’t be assigned a lamppost. You will also be notified of your meeting time, location, and assigned section. You will not be notified of the exact lamppost until you pick up your materials from your captain.
12. Volunteers may only decorate lampposts on Sunday, November 26, 2023, from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm. We’d like to accommodate as many people as possible, so we ask that you finish decorating by 1 p.m. Please do not ask to pick up your materials earlier than 10:30 am.
13. Volunteers are not permitted to add decorations to lampposts. We strive for a uniform, consistent appearance, so please don’t add anything to the lamppost that isn’t provided to you by your captain. If anything is added, it will be removed.
14. This event occurs rain or shine.
15. Your donation is not refundable.
Note: we will not accept any location requests via email.
We recognize the importance of family traditions and do our best to accommodate all requests but we can’t always grant them. Please remember this event is about community and volunteerism, not the location of a lamppost.
We greatly appreciate your advanced cooperation and kindness.